DEIE aims at culminating leaders of the future all around the world.
Leaders of the future should be confident individuals, who are able to communicate with English and Chinese, possess a creative mind, and care for their neighbours and for this world that we all live in.
We invite investors, governments and educators to partner with us to open DEIEs for your future generations.
DEIE’s uniqueness lies in:
- a curriculum in which pupils learn to communicate and achieve proficient literacy skills in English & Chinese. We will also dedicate time for the mother tongue of the students if DEIE happens to be in a place where the mother tongue is neither English nor Chinese.
- a multi-cultural approach to engaging with the changing world through incorporating blended learning techniques into our instruction
- the use of drama and other performing arts to facilitate learning and encourage pupils to develop their creativity, expressiveness and self-confidence
DEIE will offer support to:
- Look for the right premise, negotiate lease terms and re-work your budget
- Sign the lease, start renovation, submit proper applications to government for necessary licenses
- Recruit teachers & staff
- Grant license to start running Dramatic English Education Centres right after renovation finishes
- Enroll students
- Manage teachers and their training
Sue Woods, Vice Principal, DEIE
Over 15 years of experience managing kindergartens in Australia, South Africa and now in HK. Degree in Dramatic Arts and professional diploma in children services.
Luke Yick, CEO, DEIE & Dramatic English
MBA, Master of Education, teacher trainer with HKU, over 20 years experience managing educational institutions
Man Cheung, COO, DEIE & Dramatic English
Master of Language Arts, Bachelor of Education (Drama), over 15 years experience in management, curriculum development, & drama teaching
Alfred Cheung, Chairman, DEIE & Dramatic English
EMBA, Award winning screenplay, film director and actor. HK celebrity of entertainment industry
Edith Leung, Adviser, DEIE
BEdStud(Early Childhood) S Queensland; MECh Macquarie, Senior Teaching Fellow, Department of Early Childhood Education, HK Institute of Education
David Tobin, Consultant, DEIE,Teacher Manager, Dramatic English
Master of Media Studies, over 8 years experience in drama teaching, performing and teacher management
Matthew Gillespie, Consultant, DEIE,Head of Teachers, Dramatic English Education Centres
Master of Fine Arts (Musical Theatre), over 15 years experience in performing, teaching, and management
Dr. Stuart Grant, Adviser, DEIE
PhD, University of Sydney; Director of the Performance Research Unit and Coordinator of the Graduate Program in Theatre, Performance and Music; senior lecturer in the Centre for Theatre and Performance, Faculty of Arts, Monash University