The Kindergarten and Nursery children will be going to YMCA Organic Farm in Tung Chung as part of our Curriculum.
The aim of the excursion is to:
- Show children what a real working farm is
- Deepen their understanding of how vegetables grow
- Introduce the concept of Compost and Organic farming
- Learn about natural dyes using flowers
- Teamwork building in making a scarecrow
- Build a sense of family and shared experiences. Families can bring along aunties, grandparents and siblings.
The activity is booked from 10am – 12.30pm
Run down of 17-Feb-2017 half day farming program：
10:00 – 10:30 Farm tour
10:30 – 10:45 Break
10:45 – 11:15 Farming
11:15 – 11:45 Dyeing with Plants
11:45 – 12:15 Making Scarecrow
12:15 – 12:30 Round up / Purchase Veggies (for parents who want to)